Love Potion No. 9 by Heidi Hirsch
In 1959 a single titled, Love Potion No. 9 was released by The Clovers.
The song describes a man seeking help to find love, so he goes to visit Madame Rue who decides, by means of palmistry, that he needs Love Potion No. 9.
As we approach Valentine’s Day, it seems natural to whip up a batch of Love Potion No. 9. According to the lyrics, the only thing we know about the love potion is that it was made in a sink, smelled like turpentine, and looked like India ink. If it is anything like the brew my doctor in Chinatown prescribes, I think it’s best we revise the potion with a few changes and eliminate the turpentine!
Introducing the updated version of Love Potion No. 9
List of ingredients:
1. Start each day with an attitude of enthusiasm!
2. Sing out LOUD, at the top of your lungs…even if it’s off key.
3. Laugh. Just Laugh. You don’t have to have a reason.
4. Believe in miracles and watch what happens.
Miracles are all around you.
5. Exercise your empowerment. “No” is a full sentence.
6. Try something you’ve always wanted to do but have come up with excuses not to. I have reason to believe that once you do it, you’ll wonder what took you so long.
7. Treat yourself to a treat! Indulge! Buy a comic book, go to the movies mid-day, get a manicure and a pedicure. And while you’re at it, get a lottery ticket!
8. Look for the whimsey. don’t Let “serious” get the best of you.
9. Be creative! Write a Valentine to that special person with crayons (it doesn’t have to be Valentine’s Day – Make a special day of your own!) Then give them a box of crayons as a present!
10. Every so often, steer away from routine. Veer off the beaten path. So you get lost, you can never tell what you might find.
11. And most of all, sprinkle everything you do with love!
Repeat as often as needed. All or any combination is advisable.
Warning: This potion has not been approved by the FDA. That’s because you can’t put a price on it. Too much consumption will be addicting. Go for it! You should be aware that too much love could result in compassion, joy, finding humor in everyday activities, a sense of true balance, muscle tightness from smiling, and a lot of people that just want to around you!
If you are looking for a good suggestion to start off No.2, I suggest you click on the link below and sing along at the top of you lungs to Love Potion No. 9
Happy Valentine’s Day!
With love and as always,
Maintaining the belief that life is best enjoyed with humor and a seven second delay, Heidi relies on Mother Nature for the morning news, her animals to keep her responsible, and good friends to check her socks to make sure they match. She is currently with Reveal Studio in Glendale, California as a Project Manager.