Well That Was Fun
As we close 2017, it is time for my favorite ritual of the year.
The Gratitude List (not necessarily in this order):
• I won the Hamilton Lottery and saw the show! Yeah, that was pretty cool!
• I only lost my house and car keys twice! Ok, maybe a few times more but I stopped counting after the second time.
• I still believe that we are breathtaking in our spirit to embrace the future with anticipation and sheer glee!
• I am in awe of those around me who have healed from major health issues and humbled by their tenacity.
• Graced with the love of family and friends, I am blessed.
• Mother Nature is one powerful broad, but so are we.
• We are resilient as ever, fueled by the power within.
• That patience has it’s merit if you can wait it out.
• I’m not in the habit of quoting Disney movies but if it’s not working for you, let it go! You can’t move forward if you are holding onto junk from your past. Fear of the unknown is a waste of time. Embrace the adventure!
During this holiday season in which gifts are exchanged, give yourself one. I have always had a love/fear relationship with horses. I think they are magnificent. To be one with a horse seems incredible to me. Unfortunately, my experience has been not-so-fun in the past. My gift to myself this year is the choice to take lessons and shift from fear to fearless. I promise to share my journey with you in the coming year.
So, as we wrap up 2017 and look towards 2018, I believe that my friend and author, Dr. Carol Bliss sums it up best. “If enough of us believe in hope, love, and peace, we can form a critical mass that is unstoppable. We can return to the values that we believe in, despite what the world looks like now. We can do anything we choose to bring those ethical values back into society again. We, the people, can bring about a world that works for all.
A world that values all people. A world in which all are included and invited to dine at the banquet of all the good things life has to offer. Where the strong help the weak and the powerless are unafraid to speak their truth. A world where there is a sharing of resources. This can be our collective vision of a world that is coming”.
Now that I think about it, I’m good with 2017 and ready for 2018!
Wishing you all a very enchanting holiday season.